Monday, December 21, 2015

Thoughts on being an early bird....

I'm an early bird by nature. That is for sure. If I had an option to get all of my daily tasks/errands done before 10am, I totally would. I was going to the gym at 4am every day. I loved it. But then my kid decided that he was going to wake up shortly after me and basically wake the entire house up... So we're still working that out. Plus I was sleeping through my alarm, which hello, clearly means I need more sleep. Or better sleep. Or quality sleep. But what is that anyway? My darling Lucas is like his mother. Up before the sun rises and ready to tackle the day ASAP. The other two boys in this house, not so much. I mean really, as a full time working mom, shouldn't I enjoy the moments that my buddy crawls in bed and wants to snuggle and watch cartoons before the world is awake? Yes. The answer is yes. But honey, 3:30 am for firetruck noises and making blanket forts in my bed is just a tad early. I'm an early riser, but I don't need our two other guys to be woken up to all that commotion. Nevermind our downstairs neighbors, (aka Grammy and Papa) to be woken up by what sounds like an entire heard of elephants clomping around the house. But how to harness their energy so early in the morning. Seriously if it wasn't a bother to others in the neighborhood, I'd totally go outside (aside from the fact that it's freezing out now) but they're like wild banshees outside and 7am might warrant a police visit. But seriously. There are only so many things to do with kids who are awake before the sun. Although, here I sit, wide awake at 2:34am.

I could never imagine 9am being early. 9am feels like I've already been awake half a day and am ready to keep my fast paced, getting crap done mentality going. I know people who think that 9am is even too early for a "Good Morning" and don't really function until well after noon. That is such a foreign concept to me.

Let's just hope that my oldest stays in bed a while and I didn't wake him when I crept across the hall to the couch because I couldn't sleep. Sorry buddy, it's totally my fault that you are up before the sunshine, but could you please keep the fire truck noises to a minimum..

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment