Monday, December 28, 2015

Post Christmas

It is the Monday after Christmas and it's 7:15am and the kids are still sleeping. I think it's safe to say, we've officially wiped them out.

We had SO much fun this holiday weekend. It started with playing at the playground for most of the day on Christmas Eve - and honestly, if you're from New England, that was a gift in itself. 

It has NEVER been 70 degrees on Christmas Eve before, with no trace of snow in sight. I had taken them on a little run before the playground. Pushing 60lbs in a stroller while trying to jog is NO JOKE. Gotta get back to the gym if I'm going to make that a habit.

Christmas Eve night we went to my grandparents house for a party. We have italian food and a pot luck and a yankee swap- even my two littles bring a gift to swap. We have so much fun teasing each other about the gifts and swapping. I think this year was great, we all got what we wanted for the most part.
Then Christmas morning happened. Santa had come the night before and delivered a few presents to the boys. Luke was SO excited. It was the first year that he actually understood what Christmas and Santa were really all about. 
I have all the chaos of the opening of presents on my camera, so I'll have to transfer and upload later, but oh my it was fun. The squeals that came out of Luke were so adorable. He was so excited to get the few trucks he asked for. Santa also brought some games and the 4 of us actually played together, which was a big feat.
Grandma, Grandpa, Grammy, Papa and Uncle Josh joined us for dinner of Manicotti, Meatballs and Sausage and I made up some bread to go with the meal. It was so nice. No naps for the kids, but they were SO good it didn't seem to matter much.
Saturday was filled with playing with new scooters at Great Gram's and Big Papa's house. We had a picnic outside (seriously though, this New England weather was AMAZING this weekend) and were outside for most of the day .
Sunday was filled with cousin visits and, again, playing outside at Big Papa and Great Gram's.
What better way to end a beautiful Christmas Weekend!

Now there's snow in the forecast for Tuesday morning which is a total bummer, but the weatherperson said that most of the snow will be washed away by tuesday night so I have my fingers crossed for that. Hopefully it doesn't turn to ice, the storms in Oklahoma look like an icy nightmare right now, so I'm hoping it doesn't turn into that!!

I'm glad it's all over. We had fun, but it was nice to put the tree away and get our house (and lives) back to normal.

It's almost 7:30 and Za-zo is still in bed. Send good vibes that today will be a good day for us- Dad had to go to work, so I'm tackling this alone after a long weekend of fun!!

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment